Thursday 30 April 2009

The Incredible Hulk (2008)


At a glance:
Another recent Hulk addition, followin Ang Lee's 2002 effort, starrin Edward Norton, Tim Roth and my lovely Liv Tyler. A glarin green blemish on their wonderful actin CVs if you ask me.
Bad news on the doorstep:
A cartoon! What am I? Twelve?
Hate both the recent Hulk projects, can't decide which is worse. Problem lies with my fond memories of the TV classic. I can't accept Hulk bein made into a superhero movie. It's a much more human story than that. CGI Hulk is just too easy. The TV series with Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno was more captivatin and endurin. The appeal is similar to that other series I loved as a kid, Beauty And The Beast with Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton. Quality family time watchin that.
Perennial wonderment:
Liv Tyler, starrin in yet another instantly forgettable movie.
I can't remember if I cried:
When I saw Tim Roth turn into an evil Hulk-like nemesis. Is that part of the story in any of the comic timelines? It felt so contrived. Really lost interest at that point.
Reminds me of:
The good old days when superhero movies aren't about the most awesome SFX. Also, I guess this will forever remind me of my first SG journey the Odyssey bus, on which I watched it.
Amacam joker, berapa bintang lu mau kasi?
Two? Really not my kinda thing.
"Is the movie over yet?"
FREE ONLINE FUCK