Thursday 7 May 2009

I Am A Sex Addict (2005)

Caveh Zahedi is now a reformed sex addict.

At a glance:
Indulgent yet funny and effective autobiographical docudrama by one Caveh Zahedi, a creepy-lookin American of Iranian descent, who loves fuckin whores. Okay, loved fuckin whores. Maybe it's his shaky voice or his earnest eyes but the man can sure tell an interestin story about a tosser as unlikeable as himself. The narrative goes from funny to warm to heartbreakin, in an honest tale of convalescence and possibly even redemption.
Reminds me of:
Coupla chicken worms I know.
Watch out for:
Scenes of weird ass self-reflection. By this I don't mean checkin out your butthole in the mirror.
Most memorable line:
"At first I felt strangely euphoric, but then afterwards when I got home I felt lonely and empty."
Amacam joker, berapa bintang lu mau kasi?
It's a true story. Well-packaged. ★★★