Friday 15 May 2009

Day Of The Woman (1978) @ I Spit On Your Grave

At a glance:
A few versions out there but any is equally and completely FUBAR extreme cinema, if you asked me. Rape and revenge are the celebrated themes in this controversial movie about a female New York writer who gets gangbanged by some small town hicks and subsequently goes on a pretty graphic trail of vengeance (pic). Yet another one of those shock movies where you question the artistic merit over its seemingly exploitative content. What tipped the scale for me was the retard rapist character, whom I thought confirmed this as a legit story about the subject of rape.
Bad news on the doorstep:
Still banned in some form or another in many countries today. However the good news is that Variety has reported a remake last year. Wonder if it ever got made.
Reminds me of:
Thriller - A Cruel Picture, which was even more artistic and fuct.
Watch out for:
The scrawny white ass of one Camille Keaton (pic, related to Buster), who musta been pretty damn brave to agree to a movie like this, what with the extended scenes of sodomy and cryin.
Amacam joker, berapa bintang lu mau kasi?I can't decide.