Tuesday 26 May 2009

Terminator Salvation (2009)

At a glance:
What can I say - it's the latest Terminator movie and I ain't ever watched me any. I can't be bothered, I'm sorry. I'm interested to watch only BAD Arnie movies like Conan The Destroyer and not somethin that could actually be good. I watched this purely because I like Christian Bale and I wanted to see what kind of movie required the sort of intensity which made him go off on that famous rant. I also want to see more of Moon Bloodgood's victorious tits after I recently saw her in Street Fighter: The Legend Of Chun-Li. Oh yes, that and it's also part of my job. Not as fun as it sounds, trust me.
Bad news on the doorstep:
It's a market-friendly PG13 and not R, unlike all its predecessors.
Perennial wonderment:
If Christian Bale would quit the superhero stuff and go back to playin villains like the whoremongerin mad fuck in American Psycho. Much more intruiguin, I'd say. In a semi-related thought, the mad fuck in this movie turns out to be Sam Worthington, whom I remember appeared as an equally mad fuck in that croc-movie Rogue opposite Radha Michell. He plays half-human-half-robot Marcus Wright, who reminds me of that other mad fuck who has no neck, Wayne Rooney.
Reminds me of:
One of the few sci-fi movies that amused me - Total Recall.
Watch out for:
The chase scene on the bridge. It's like Fast And Furious meets Transformers.
My hands were clenched in fists of rage:
When Moon Bloodgood gave quarter ball ...at most. I blame the kiddie ratin. They really ought to have gone all out for a R adventure. Even the violence just flutters by.
Amacam joker, berapa bintang lu mau kasi? for an average movie seen by a curious, first-time Terminator newbie. I won't ask for a call to terminate the franchise but I do wish it were a more adult-orientated film. Trust the Malaysian censors to have let it through with a tame U.