Wednesday 15 April 2009

The Midnight Meat Train (2008)

Bad news on the doorstep:
Apparently Lionsgate hated this film so much they dumped it at dollar theatres just to cukupkan quota. Can't see why - it's not the worst movie in the world - though it did feel more like a DVD-only release. It's about a photographer who's obsessed with takin photos of a suspected serial killer. With a title like Midnight Meat Train, you'd half expected this to be a bluey, didn't you? Wanker.
Perennial wonderment:
The bruisin talents of Vinnie Jones, whom I enjoyed a long distance telephone interview with, for the purposes of promotin this dodgy horror flick. Man's now livin the high life in LA and told me he knows "nuffink" about Malaysia, before agreein that they could have chosen the movie title a bit better. Somehow I wish he were still the Crazy Gang, BNP-supportin ol' Vinnie instead of this accomodatin, polite version I spoke to. I swear to God I was secretly hopin he'd call me a chinky cunt and slam the phone down, so that I could call my brother Bob and say "Hey guess what - Vinnie Jones just called me a chinky cunt. I'm hard. Yeah."
Reminds me of:
Somethin cold and remote like Isolation (2005), somethin excessively nocturnal like Night At The Golden Eagle and somethin well-contained like Jodie Foster's The Brave One.
Amacam joker, berapa bintang lu mau kasi?
Three, just for you Vinnie - but honestly, it's reasonably entertainin.