Monday 21 September 2009

A Perfect Getaway (2009)

At a glance:
You could say it's one of those suspense thrillers which pivots on a plot twist that you'd have to buy in order to enjoy. I'd say it's a Turistas-type multiple hot young couple island adventure with an outlandish plot that sure got away, alright. Rated R for Rubbish.
Bad news on the doorstep:
This Hawaiian tourism promo of a movie is low on logic and doesn't give you anythin to remember it for. It stars Timothy Olyphant (the Hitman whom I hate since my girlfriend fancies bald men, pic), Kiele Sanchez (so unpopular her character was killed off in TV's Lost, pic), Milla Jovovich (never starred in a movie I enjoyed, with the exception of The Messenger) and Steve Zahn (last seen bein wanked by Amanda Peet in Saving Silverman in my records). They're all figurin out who's who in a shyte whodunit that ain't worth the movie poster its printed on.
Reminds me of:
A Pangkor vacation when I was 14. Never appreciated the waters when you're young, do ya?
Amacam joker, berapa bintang lu mau kasi?
Timewastin movie whose star I'd like to further halve because my midnight show at 1Utama had a 20 minute disruption. Its already overlong 98-minute runtime should've just been filled with a montage of underwater blowjob scenes featurin the white trash tattooed couple that got the least screen time - Marley Shelton (the doctor chick in Tarantino's Grindhouse) and Chris Hemsworth (Kirk's dad in JJ Abrams' Star Trek). Avoid.