Sunday 5 February 2012

King Of The Ants (2003)

Spot the head.
At a glance:
Charlie Higson takes his own 1992 novel of the same name and writes a screenplay for Stuart Gordon (Re-Animator, 1985) to direct. It's a grim crime fable that has its moments but I'll be the first to admit that I watched it just because it was listed under Kari Wührer's CV. She plays the sultry widow of a businessman murdered by a clumsy drifter (Chris McKenna, pic) but things go from bad to worse in a strange case of unattainable redemption.
Bad news on the doorstep:

It's not very happenin. Like a telemovie.
Perennial wonderment:

This was one of Kari Wührer's first few movies after havin her breast implants removed due to her body rejectin the silicones (I think they call it encapsulation). Why do women go under the knife with such real odds of fuckup is beyond me.
Reminds me of:

The time I first laid eyes on Kari Wührer in Poison: Thy Neighbor's Wife (2001). Also, this Daniel Baldwin really looks too much like his brother Alec in The Cooler (2003). Same voice, same mole, same sadistic character, even.
I can't remember if I cried:

When our drifter gets tortured by a gold club for days in a bid to turn him into a vegetable. Thugs cut up some carpet and wrap his head with it to cushion the blows so as not to kill him.
Amacam joker, berapa bintang lu mau kasi?

I'll give it a solid three stars due to the grotesque humour to the proceedings.
Trailer for the curious:
Bonus material:
This is how Kari looks like after she had her monster tits removed.
[click to enlarge] This is a dream sequence from the movie.
Chaturbate!